NEXO PS15-R2 Multi-function Loudspeaker
An industry legend all over the world, the Nexo PS15-R2 Loudspeaker can easily handle over 1000 Watts of amplifier power despite its small volume and reduced weight. Left and right models available.
The dispersion, architecture and weight balance of the PS15-R2 Loudspeaker are designed to provide both exceptional PA and stage monitor performance from a single product without compromise.
This flexibility is realized by a proprietary constant directivity asymmetrical dispersion horn, easily rotated in four positions, at 90° increments, by the user. The horn's unique progressive horizontal (50° to 100°) and vertical (+25°, -30°) dispersion can easily be adapted for vertical or horizontal PA usage or wedge monitoring. NEXO's unique Active Fullrange Processing enables the 2-way passive 8Ω design to deliver bi-amped performance using a single amplifier channel, for less money, space and complexity.
- High power system (134dB Peak SPL @ 1m) with 15" LF and 2" HF drivers
- Rotatable asymmetrical horn and unique cabinet architecture ensure versatility; user adaptable for both PA and stage monitoring applications
- Two-way, switchable passive or active design for precise performance matching to user requirements
- Sophisticated control electronics ensure reliable, linear operation
- Available with a full range of mounting and flying accessories
System Specifications PS15-R2 with PS15-R2 TDcontroller MkII
|Frequency Response[a]:||50Hz - 18kHz ±3dB|
|Usable Range @-6dB[a]:||47Hz - 18kHz|
|Sensitivity 1W @ 1m[b]:||102dB SPL Nominal
99dB SPL Wideband
|Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m[b]:||133 to 136dB Peak|
|HF Dispersion[c]:||50° to 100°Hor. x 55°Vert. Rotatable Horn, 4 positions|
|Directivity Q & DI[c]:||Q:16 Nominal
DI:12dB Nominal (f >1.5kHz)
|Crossover Frequencies:||1.1 kHz Passive or Active (internally switchable)|
|Nominal Impedance:|| Passive 8Ω
Active: LF 8Ω, HF 16Ω (Active Mode only available on NXAMP)
|Recommended Amplifiers:||Passive: 1000 to 2000 W/8Ω
Active: (LF) 1000 to 2000 W/8Ω, (HF) 250 to 500 W/16Ω (Active Mode only available on NXAMP)
|Height x Width x Depth:||675mm x 434mm x 368mm|
|Speakon Connectors:||2 x 4 pole (Passive In & Loop Thru) + 1 x 4 Pole (Active In)|
|Construction:||Baltic Birch Ply finished with structured black coating|
|Handles:||2 Metal recessed pockets|
|Flying Points:||2 plate connecting w/external accessories|
|Stand fittings:||Built in Steel Stand Fitting, 35mm|
- [a] Response curves & data : Anechoic Far Field for the PS15-R2 + PS15-R2TD MkII. Half-Space Anechoic radiation for the LS1200 + PS15-R2TD MkII.
- [b] Sensitivity & Peak SPL data : these will depend on spectral distribution and crest factor of program material. Measured with band limited Pink Noise. Nominal refers to Voice Decade (300Hz - 3kHz), Wideband to the specified ±3dB range. Data are for speaker + processor +recommended amplifier combinations. Peak SPL is at clipping of recommended amplifier. Measurements are made with PS15-R2 inpassive mode.
- [c] Directivity curves & data : obtained by computer treatment on off axis response curves.