Nexo GEO CD12 Hyper-cardioid Sub-bass
Until now, directional control of very low frequencies could only be accomplished with enormous waveguides or multi-enclosure arrays.
But NEXO R&D has harnessed the acoustical principles underlying the cardioid microphone to produce hypercardoid sub-bass from a very small enclosure.
The CD12 relies on the advanced DSP algorithms of the NX242 Digital TDcontroller to provide both vertical and horizontal pattern control, with -12dB attenuation at the rear.
Although the two 12" long excursion neodymium drivers fire in opposite directions, substantial forward gain is also realized. These characteristics make the CD12 a fitting partner to the full range S805 and S830 Tangent Array Modules. Quiet stages and greatly reduced reverberation of subbass frequencies are among the benefits of the innovative technology contained in the CD12.
- Unique directional subbass with hypercardioid pattern keeps subbass energy away from open microphones
- 120° x 120° dispersion, usable output from 39Hz to 250Hz
- Dual-ported 12" woofers fire in opposite directions and are wired in reverse polarity
- Requires NX242 Digital TDcontroller and two amplifier channels Each woofer is processed separately
- Internally braced Baltic birch cabinet minimizes in-band resonances
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint
- Integrated flying system for use with curved vertical GEO S Series tangent arrays
- Cabinets designed for stable ground stacking
Specifications with NX242 TDController
|Frequency Response[a]:||42Hz 130Hz ± 3dB|
|Usable Range @-6dB[a]:||39Hz 150Hz|
|Sensitivity 1W @ 1m[b]:||102dB SPL Nominal|
|Peak SPL @ 1m[b]:||131 to 134dB Peak (500 to 1200-w RMS Amp)|
|Dispersion[c]:||Hypercardiod pattern 120° x 120° over the entire usable bandwidth.|
|Directivity:||Control is achieved through DSP algorithms in the NX242 Digital TDcontroller (two channels of the NX242 are used for the process)|
|Directivity Index[c]:||Q = 3.773DI = 5.7dB over the entire usable bandwidth|
|Crossover Frequencies:||90 or 130Hz Active through NX242 Digital TDcontroller|
|Nominal Impedance||2 x 6Ω|
|Recommended Amplifiers:||2x amplifier channels are required for Hypercardioid operation, each rated at 1500 to 3000-w into 4Ω per-ch. Up to 2x complete CD12s per-ch may be connected to a two-ch. amplifier|
|Connectors||2x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (in & through)|
|Construction:||Baltic Birch Ply finish with structured black coating.|
|Flying:||Integral flying system|
- [a] Response Curves and Data: Half-space Anechoic below 200Hz. Usable Range Data: Frequency Response Capability with TD crossover slopes removed.
- [b] Sensitivity & Peak SPL: will depend on spectral distribution. Measured with band limited Pink Noise. Refers to the specified +/- 3dB range. Data are for Speaker + Processor + recommended amplifier combinations.
- [c] Directivity Curves and Data 1/3 octave smoothed frequency response, normalized to On-Axis response. Data obtained by computer processing of off-axis response curves.
- [d] Please refer to the GEO User Manual.